05/09/2012

The transmitter pouch

Now it exists - it has it's own site: Myggsäcken.

Right now it is only in Swedish, mostly because I can't think up a good name in English.
Can anybody help?
- first I have to explain the Swedish name: "rygg-säck" is a back-pack. "Mygga" is a mosquito, but also slang for the small lapel-mounted microphone.
Somehow, I don't see "The microphone transmitter pouch" as something that would catch the eye...

... is one of the more glamorous examples.
(Burgundy velvet and gray swansdown)

6 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Glamourous indeed! Could be so much more than 'just' a mygg bag though? :)
cheers,
Laura

Kerstin på Spinnhuset said...

Well, my first order was for an "ordinary" looking one, preferrably in "ordinary" black cloth... just a bit disappointing, when I had this blinged variety on display ;-)

Laura Fry said...

Orders are good! :D
cheers,
Laura

Carla said...

How about "transmitter-transporter"?

Kerstin på Spinnhuset said...

Carla, I like that!

... now, maybe I need yet another blog...

K :-DD

Anonymous said...

I like the name Myggsäcken.

In the US these are called lavalier mics (pronounced mike), and the transmitter is called the bodypack. Might help you with writing a description.

But I think it would be useful for a number of things- sewing kits, to hold small scissors and a tape measure while winding a warp, all sorts of things.
Kimmen