I wanted to have the two shawls ready by Saturday, as there was a market in, er, "town".
As I did spend most of Thursday traipsing around Glimåkra for the "weave days" (where I bought this
- what on earth was I thinking... Will I ever even try to weave with a wire that size? It looked thicker when I didn't have a sewing thread to compare with...)
Well. After "wasting" a day on that little purchase, I had Friday to complete the first two shawls. I had woven one meter, but what with the shrinkage they have to be around 2,5 meters on loom. And... with two parallell warps this means 5 meters total.
So, here they are, in the almost-sunshine of the Saturday morning:
When fringed, wet finished, pressed and brought out into daylight, they were a lot more subdued that I had thought...
I also wet finished the weft samples:
I like the pink for the red-orange (bottom), and maybe the reddish brown (fourth from top) for the blue-purple.
But first, the next two: blue-purple crossed with a dark purple (slightly darker that the second-from-top), red-orange crossed with a (nearly) blinding orange (more intense than the second-from-top).
I had more visitors than I usually have on the "market days". Unfortunately no sales, but also not much weaving.