A silk tie
I found it, and a couple others, at my nearest charity shop, and they cost me all of SEK 15 each... The true colours are maroon background with red and gold spots – the lining is a lovely purple. Both fabrics have black weft.
A scan, enlarged:
I tried to analyze it, but it was too difficult. I wish I had a magnifier that could be attached to the computer... Anyway, the idea is this:
The transition areas (between spots) is wrong, but no matter how I squint I can’t see. There are at least 60 ends per cm.
The lining is easier:
It has been transformed to another "transmitter transporter" (thanks again, Carla!)
As ties are all about bias, I had to make a separate pouch for the transmitter, placed inside the purple lining. It probably will distort the tie if actually used, but I thought it could be a nice addition to the “glam” page ;-)
Here it is, with a fake transmitter:
Posted by Kerstin på Spinnhuset at 14:06
Labels: bags, curiosities, weave construction
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment